Some days, it seems like the world is ACTUALLY becoming more customer-centric. Other days, I’m left scratching my head in disbelief. Read this experience a customer had with T-Mobile.
T-Mobile’s avoidable mistakes… let me count the ways.
- Offered free additional mobile phone line to customer who was not eligible
- Multiple people incorrectly confirming the free line to the customer
- Failure to notice the discrepancy at checkout
- Poor response/apology to customer’s initial complaint (which T-Mobile has done well previously)
- Tepid response after local TV station got involved – this in the 11th largest metro area in the U.S.
Clearly Mike Sievert, the new CEO, has work to do to ensure T-Mobile doesn’t undo all John Legere’s efforts to become the “un-carrier.”
The pivot point is that customer centricity requires constant vigilance. After all, “1 aw shucks* ruins 100 attaboys.”
* modified for the sake of common decency